The ABM suite of Certified Health and Care CPD courses offer fully recognised licensed training and are accredited by NCFE and / or CACHE. Our programme is available in three formats:
- Training Rooms: our experts train your staff on premises
- Virtual Classrooms: we deliver interactive learning online via Zoom, Teams or Starleaf
- E-learning: we provide bespoke interactive self led Articulate RISE 360 digital workbooks or CACHE / NCFE digital workbooks. Tutors provide contextualising additional support in the form of webinars.
All courses offer accredited CPD. Under some circumstances our programmes are fully funded or co-funded by the Educational and Skills Funding Agency but they are also available on a commercial fee paying basis. Email us for price list and funding options.
Scroll down, explore, pick a course !
This courses aims to help learners to understand:
- the meaning and importance of infection control
- the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
- methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
We aim to:
- give learners working or intending to work in health care settings knowledge and understanding of infection prevention and control to support their role in the workplace
- enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of health and social care.
Want to find out more ?
Safe Handling of Medicines
This qualification aims to help learners develop:
- a general understanding of different types of medication and their use
- knowledge of the procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of medication
- an understanding of legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of responsibility and accountability
- an understanding of the record-keeping process for medication.
Nutrition and Health
This course aims to:
- increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
- increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
- provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
- provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
- provide information on eating disorders
- increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management
- increase understanding of the principles of food safety in a home environment.
Safeguarding and Prevent
The purpose of this qualification is to increase the learner’s knowledge and awareness of the Prevent Duty and Safeguarding, including online safety.
By completing the course learners will develop their knowledge of safeguarding in an environment where they have a duty of care.This course contains 3 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understanding the Prevent Duty
- Unit 02 Understanding Safeguarding
- Unit 03 Understanding Online Safety.
This qualification aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia.
It covers areas such as:
- person-centred care
- the influence of positive communication methods
- issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia
- the importance of providing appropriate activities.
Awareness of Mental Health
This Level 2 qualification contains looks at a wide range of mental health scenarios and how to understand them. We include:
- mental health
- post-natal depression
- bipolar disorder
- eating disorders
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
End of Life Care
This programme aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of:
- how to work in end of life care
- the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
- how dementia impacts on end of life care
- the role of the care worker in time of death
- the loss and grief process.
Principles of Care Planning
This course is all about:
- the principles and processes of person-centred thinking, planning and review
- how to work with individuals to carry out activities specified in their care or support plan,
- person-centred assessment, planning, implementation and review
- the promotion of health and well-being through nutrition and hydration
- supporting individuals to maintain personal hygiene
- supporting individuals to manage continence and the use of continence equipment
- supporting individuals with sleep.
Technology Enabled Care
This qualification is designed for learners who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of Technology Enabled Care (TEC).
This qualification aims to:
focus on the study of TEC in the health and social care industry
offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge.
The objectives of this qualification are to support the learner to:
- gain an understanding of TEC, which can be used to help support an individual’s quality of life
- understand person-centred care approaches to TEC that can be used to help support independence, health and wellbeing
- understand different roles and responsibilities in relation to TEC
- gain an understanding of legislation, safeguarding and regulatory requirements relating to TEC.
ABMs programme of Certified Health and Care CPD is available on a flexible basis and is delivered as training rooms, virtual classrooms and in some cases as standalone e-learning. Call us on 01634 799950 or Email for more details.