Our Level 2 Award in Care is a great course for people looking ton develop a career as a teaching assistant in an early years, school or college setting.
This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. It covers all aspects of specialist support including planning, delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher; bilingual support; special needs support; and personal development and reflective practice.
All of our certificate and diploma courses use a blend of virtual classrooms, workshops, e-learning, 1-2-1 coaching and social learning via Whatsapp or Telegram peer support groups.
Our teaching and learning is rated GOOD by OFSTED and 85% of our learners achieve merit or distinction grades at end point assessment.
Scroll down for details:
Level 2 Award in Care: course details, themes and topics
Qualification: Level 2 Award in Care
Awarding Body: NCFE
Program Duration: 12 weeks
Hour required weekly: approx 6 hours
Units to complete: 5
Entry Requirements: none
Course costs: Free*
(subject to eligibility)
Level 2 Award in Care: Course Content
Our Level 2 Award in Care programme us structured around 12 core units of study including:
- Induction, Skills Assessment and Leaning Planning
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Children and Young People
- Developing Relationships
- Engaging in Personal Development of Young People
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Understanding Schools as Organisations
- Promoting Equality Diversity and Inclusion
- Health and Safety in the Classroom
- Supporting Learning Activities
- Supporting Assessment in Learning
Virtual classrooms are delivered using Zoom or Teams and are arranged on flexible basis with plenty of interactive learning and breakouts.
How We Teach the Level 2 Award in Care programme
At ABM Training UK Ltd we deliver our Level 2 Award in Care courses using a blended learning model. Your course is made up of 6 components parts and you are guided through these by your tutor:
- Onboarding: Residential and / or Nursing Care
- Virtual Classrooms: these are delivered online using Zoom or Teams. We’ll teach how to participate and give you top tips about getting the most out of this exciting way to learn. VCs cover all the main topics / units on your course
- E-learning: your course includes 6 units of e-learning. These focus on particular core themes or topics and expand further some of the things you studied in your virtual classroom
- Assignments: you complete and submit a series of pieces of work which are marked by your tutor.
- 1-2-1s and Tutor Groups: Your tutor meets with you regularly to review your learning and plan your next steps with you.
ABM Training is officially rated as a GOOD provider by OFSTED.
Maths and English
Everybody who works towards a qualification with ABM Training is encouraged to improve their English and maths. Our Functional Skills Academy works with you to assess and understand your current skill level, strengths and weaknesses. Our specialist English and maths tutors build an individualised programme of study to help you build skills and confidence before preparing them for exams and assessments. We offer certification at Level 1 and Level 2. Our work is supported by the NCFE Skills Builder platform – a great, tutor supported online learning platform.
Level 2 Award in Care: 1-2-1 support
Your Level 3 Diploma in Care tutor will meet with you each month to provide 1-2-1 learning support and feedback. These sessions are designed to:
- assess your learning
- review and explain grading
- give and explain feedback on submitted work
- prepare for final portfolio assessments
You can access your personal course tutor by email, telephone, text or via the Award in Care Whatsapp or Telegram group.
Eligibility and Costs ?
Anybody can join an ABM Level 2 Award in Care course but costs vary depending on your eligibility. Here are the key things to think about. Are you:
Unemployed, living in London, no previous level 3 qualification ? If the answer is yes then this course is fully funded and FREE to you.
Are you employed in London and supported by your employer ?
If you are being supported by your employer then they will be charged 50% of the total cost of this course and the rest is covered by a Government grant. There is no cost to you as the learner.
Are you living outside of London ?
If you are living outside of London the costs of your course are fully charged. This means that either you or your employer will need to pay the full course fee but we can arrange that to be paid in staged payments.
Ask us !
Its complicated we know ! the best way to find out more is by completing the application form below. We’ll get right back to you with all the information you need.
We’re adding new apprenticeship programmes throughout 2022 / 3 as we work with more and more apprenticeship employers. Book mark our page to keep up to date.
Interested in seeing a bit more of what we do ? Try our Apprenticetv channels to experience unique ABM online and video learning resources or call us on 01634 799950.